Thursday, November 1, 2007

The lure of a SALE!

The mail came.....announcing a special offer.......it was for toiletries/cosmetics.
Staff Sale
upto 80% OFF
I read and trashed it immediately. I did not have any intention of even going for a dekko. I have enough cosmetics......I need to use those first....I told myself. Moreover, not a brand that I would particularly go for.

Colleagues were going for the Sale....they asked me if I was coming....I said, "Carry on....not interested...have work to finish". Whosoever went.........none came back without a carrier bag.....all filled with goodies...at such tempting prices! The day wore on.....another colleague asked if I cared to go and have a look at the Sale. I needed a break.....stretch my legs a bit.....the walk to the Training Center where the Sale was, would do me good....I told myself.

I went.....I saw..........and I bought! I bought what I saw.........but what I saw.... was very little! I am glad I practiced...."Self Restrain"!

No comments: