Thursday, November 29, 2007

Me, Queen of Sheba?!

Out of the blue....she came to my mind....an ex-colleague....(she was here in my Company 2.5 years back) a friend....I wondered if I would be able to get her in her office....as I had lost her mobile number........when I lost my mobile phone at the beginning of the year.

I dialed the number of the Company she had left for...and hoped she was still working there.....her phone rang.....a male voice answered....I asked if she was there....and seconds later I heard her voice. She asked me to call on her mobile number.......we chatted for a while. It was good to talk to her. She made me laugh....with her over protective/concerned motherly/sisterly advises! The usual....I guess, all Single Girls get these in plenty....especially Single Girls of my age....where we are no longer getting younger!

She's asked me to stop acting like the Queen of Sheba! Now, I ask...from where/what/why/how in Heaven's name am I being compared to the Queen of Sheba!? She's asked me to go out...socialize....mingle....to stop being choosy... I never said I don't want to.........any of these things......but I just don't understand where & how should I be doing it here! Can anyone enlighten me?! Hence, the question of being choosy doesn't arise! She also mentioned that no Prince is going to come riding on a horse! Come on, at this time & age.......I'm not even dreaming of anyone coming on a horse......leave alone a Prince! A common man driving up on a Mercedes would be just fine with me! ;-)

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

yeah...guys with horses...SOOOO over-rated...and then there's all that grooming & so forth... :)

(i assume you'd also be "open" to a bmw...or even a jaguar?!)