Sunday, November 25, 2007

Just wondering....

Just wondering....

Would I have done certain things differently
if only I had known how it would end?

Would I have really studied hard
and tried for Harvard or Oxford or Cambridge?

Would I have studied music,
playing an instrument...as I can't sing for nuts?

Would I have done all the things
that I was not supposed to have done?

Sadly, the answers to all of the above
is a resounding, Yes!

Yes, I would do certain things differently
and changed the course of my life's history.

Yes, I would have studied hard, really hard
and tried to get in, in any one of these universities.
For the simple reason that it would bring me
a good job with a great starting salary!

Yes, I would have tried
learning a musical instrument,
for the simple reason that it interests me
and perhaps make a living out of my hobby!?

Yes, I would have done all the things
that I was not supposed to do,
for the simple reason that I cannot do now.
Even if I could, it no longer holds the excitement
that would have brought to me then.

If only I could, I would....

1 comment:

Shoonyata said...

not too late now to start doing what one really wants....this is a comment I had written on another blog...thought would copy it here :)
=============================
vacuuming the cobwebs in the mind
splashing laughter on the dark stains
few friends to paint new hues on the wall
courage to open and see what is festering so long

killing some creatures living off the soul
bringing in some pets to cuddle the thoughts
yes, good time for spring to come
“this is the 1st day of the rest of your life!”
============================

take care...just do it !