Saturday, November 10, 2007

Breakfast at Tiffany's

The weekend has been a marathon of watching various soaps & movies on TV & DVD....in English as well as in Hindi. What stood out of course was Breakfast at Tiffany's with Audrey Hepburn. This is the story of a woman on her own making her way in the big city. It's quirky, funny, serious, sophisticated & entertaining.

We meet Holly Golightly played by Audrey Hepburn driving up in a taxi on New York's 5th Avenue in the early morning hours, dressed to the nines, sipping coffee, nibbling a danish and window shopping at Tiffany's under the opening credits. She looked gorgeous!
When Holly says,

"I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is, but I know what it's like. It's like Tiffany's." or "You don't have to worry. I've taken care of myself for a long time."

This could be Moi saying it!

Audrey strumming her guitar and singing on the fire escape...beautiful lyrics....I could identify with...

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my
huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.


The ending.........I always love to see a happy ending. The rain drenched Cat and the famous kiss-in-the-rain ending............didn't fail me!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww i LOOOOOOOOOVE that film! ...or ANY audrey hepburn film...but you can't beat breakfast at tiffanys for she gorgeous audrey-ness, can you?!