Friday, November 2, 2007

Red Bull Challenge


The weather was lovely....not hot at all......with cool breeze blowing. As promised....to myself and to my friend....I went for a walk down by the seaside. The seaside was crowded...really crowded. Some were there to see........and some, to be seen....down by the sea....in full war paint & high heels!!

Red Bull
was having a DIY Flying Contraption Challenge....something like that. Participants were to fly off the ramp which was especially built for this....but it was more like jumping off the ramp! Splash!!

I weaved through the crowd....a friend & her brother was there with me...they followed....and in no time we were out in the front....on the shore. I rolled up my jeans....kicked off my sneakers...and waded in the water......to enjoy a clearer view! The ramp was too far...the Participants were just a speck....the cacophony coming over the mike was in a language which I have not been able to grasp...in spite of my having been here in the country for 5 long years. There was the beating of drums & some sword wielding men came on the ramp & did a war or is it a victory dance?.....whatever. The first participant was ushered onto the ramp....he in his contraption stood near the edge of the ramp...and before we knew.......splash...it was over....and he was rescued by some men in speed boats below! Some more waiting....some more dancing...and the next....and the next...and the next....


I enjoyed the sun, the sand & the sea...............more than the dud Red Bull event!

No comments: