Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Wait

I am so restless.........my mind wanders every now and then to what it might be........is it "Yes" or is it "No"? Will my prayers be answered or will it go ignored? Yes, at such times I do resort to constant mumbling under my breath which constitutes my only conversation with the Higher Being.....if He exists......and is hearing me........"Oh God, please please pleeeasssse.........let it be a Yes".

However, depression sets in, when finally I get to know that it is not to be........not to be as I wanted......desired.....wished. Why me? Why? Am I not a good Human Being?..........I try to be as far as I can, really.... "When I'm good I'm very good, but when I'm bad I'm better."

Life goes on...with or without.......I resign to the fact that maybe it was not meant to be. Another opportunity presents.........my hopes rises..........and once again I wait.........I wait for the outcome.

I am reminded of Beckett's "Waiting for Godot", a play which I read in my College (part of my Honours syllabus). Like Vladimir and Estragon, I too am waiting for Godot to come. Will Godot come tomorrow?

4 comments:

ra said...

tomorrow be the end of the world!! do what you have to today...

He takes His time with some people, what i think is conditioning. He knows what has to be done.

havent seen you bad yet!!! hehehe!! and do i dare????

lauren bergold said...

well, i hope you get the answer you want...and hopefully a bit more quickly than vladimir & estragon!!! :)

Shoonyata said...

Godot keeps
you waiting

god becomes
an excuse

while all the time
Godot is yours
to create
to love
to play
to kill
===========
get going...good luck :)

Mirandian said...

ra - Don't U dare me!
lauren - Thanks! Inshallah!
shoonyata - To create is not in my hands...but thanks for the wishes!