Saturday, October 6, 2007

Re-birth?

I was IMing with a friend just yesterday when she told me about an article in one of the regional newspaper - Rebirth of the Pilot of the Scindia plane crash.

The Pilot was known to her family as he was the Boyfriend of her cousin. The kid who claims to be the Pilot is 5 years old and is afraid of aeroplanes and even describes where he was flying to. The Pilot's family is having the story investigated as it is obvious that they would like to get down to the bottom of it and find the truth......else to put a stop to such stories for cheap publicity.

My mind just wandered.............is there a thing called SOUL? A Hindu believes in re-incarnation, depending on one's action after death.......hence a Sadhu (in Hinduism, is an ascetic holy man) strives to attain moksa that is release from the cycle of rebirth. Other religions that I know of, all believe in having a Soul....and again depending on your deeds while living, either go to heaven or hell or just wander around??

Personally, I know we all have a heart.........that's what's beating inside us and keeping us alive. As for a Soul, I really don't know. Whatever it is that happens to us after we are living no more...I don't want to dwell on it. For now, I am just glad to be Alive!

4 comments:

Shoonyata said...

the soul is real..."alive" is the illusion? :)))

lauren bergold said...

oooooooh shoonyata makes a REALLY interesting philosophical point!!!

but it's only 8:30am here...so i'm going to have to think on this for a bit before adding to the discussion...or at least...have a 2nd cup of coffee! :)

Anonymous said...

hey there..I do not know you or ur cuz , the one u said told u abt the news... I thought may be it would be nice on my part to update her (thru u).
Well I got to know about the details..This seems to be publicity stunt. The Father of late pilot Gupta visited the child , found out that the child can barely speak and all these stories are more like a easy way to gather publicity.
Disappointed he came back - whole Gupta fmly and frnds underwent a strange experience. A hope out of no where but realized that it was just a mirage. We all are educated and know there is nothing called rebirth but then who knows....

Mirandian said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it. I had meant to follow it up with my friend. Will let her know what you wrote.

As for re-birth, my friend believes in it. Me? I don't know!