Friday, October 12, 2007

Eid Mubarak!

The month long Ramadan fasting is now finally over. Yes! last night the local "Moon Sighting Committee" officially declared the fasting period to be over. Today is Eid ul Fitr (Eid, meaning festivity and Fitr, breaking of fast).

I went for a stroll this morning to the mall.....where else?! It's nice and cool and I can check out the latest in fashion! I also needed to pay my phone bill! The cafes were all open........people were enjoying their coffee & croissants or whatever they were eating. The choice to sit in Starbucks with a latte after browsing around is indeed such a wonderful feeling!

We have 2 Days Off for Eid ul Fitr, unlike in my country where we would lose out on an extra holiday if a festival fell on a weekend.... but then, there we have so many festivals, being a secular country! So this weekend is going to be a real lonnng one! Friday & Saturday being our official weekend.........Sunday & Monday are our 2 days off for Eid!

To all my Muslim Friends......Eid Mubarak!

No comments: