Friday, October 5, 2007

Sentimental Fool

I have been crying away.........this weekend......all by myself. I just couldn't help.......the tears came rolling down my cheeks. No, nothing happened to me...........I'm perfectly fine and nobody said anything to me. Then what brought on the tears? Well, it was the two Bollywood Movies that I saw, starring Shahrukh Khan.

Chak De India - The film is about Kabir Khan played by Shahrukh, Captain of the Indian Hockey Team who misses the penalty shootout in the Finals against Pakistan & thus lost the match. I guess being a Muslim & the winning Team being Pakistan (India & Pakistan Rivalry which everyone knows), Kabir was labeled a Traitor. Then after 7 years (the magic number!), he comes back as a Coach of the Women's Hockey Team....a team assembled from different parts of India. There's loads of conflicts........different States so different class, caste, ethnicity but Kabir inculcates to think of the country first & to have the Team Spirit. They go to Australia where the World Cup Tournament was being played being the defending Champions. After a humiliating defeat in the first match against Australia, the Indian Team goes on to win the others settling their differences along the way...with each game.. and reach the Final. Once again the Indian Team faces the Australian and it's in the penalty shootout that India wins the match. The victorious team returns home to a rousing welcome and Kabir is lauded as a Hero.

Chalte Chalte -This is a story about Raj (Shahrukh) & Priya (Rani Mukherji) who meets & falls in love. However Priya is to get engaged and now had to decide which way to go. Love triumphs & Raj & Priya gets married then struggle against adversity. They quarrel, separate, then reconcile. Hmmm the difficuties of marriage....but all's well that ends well!

Call me a Sentimental Fool........but then that's me.

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

ooooooh i have seen the ads for these and i'm dying to watch! for me, it's not the sentiment so much as THE MAN: **srk**! mmm,mmmmmm, MMMMMMM, i love that guy!!! :)

ra said...

hey i just saw resident evil: apocalypse. again. almost brought a tear to my eye. why? milla jovovich is so amazing!!

Shoonyata said...

And I just saw Troy.again. Lauren, SRK? check Brad Pitt out.
Read Catcher in the Rye again..that almost brought a tear.

lauren bergold said...

shoonyata, brad is all yours! b/c yeah...he's *cute*...but baby he is NOOOO shah rukh!!!!! :)