Sunday, October 7, 2007

So Spoilt...we are

So spoilt of choice we are today, that there are times when I feel it was better those earlier days when you went to the market and bought whatever it is that you want to buy........without racking your brains so much.

Let's take our phones for instance. Earlier, we only had the land line. There were a couple of models/styles and we bought these as per our pocket. Once bought...installed...it remained with us for a lifetime. After the mobile phone came into existence...this is not the case.

We have so many brands vying for their piece of the pie in the market...not to mention the different models these brands churns out. We are inundated through media, the features of these models and having celebrities endorsing the product makes it more desirable to us. Since we carry our mobile phones with us everywhere........the model that we are carrying has become some sort of a status symbol. After all, every Tom, Dick & Harry or Jane, Ann & Betty all have a mobile phone these days. We have to keep up with the Jones or Jills or whoever that's got the latest handset.

I know what they say..."Thou shalt not be tempted"..........but I can't help NOT being tempted! This is just my 6th mobile phone that I have owned. Just yesterday, my Lil Bro spoke about a new phone which can hold 2 SIM cards.....says good for me as I do use 2 SIM cards.......... convenient it would be...........hmmmm......I need to check it out!

4 comments:

Chrisann said...

Hi!!
I live in kuwait too!!
right now in Bombay...
what brand do you work for?
I'm in salmiya behind al fanar

ra said...

lol!!

talk about choice!!

we work in an industry that does make it a tad bit difficult to choose at times, eh?

lauren bergold said...

oof, i find it exhausting, as well!!! luckily, i am CHEAP (lol) and since my service provider will give me a brand new, good-but-last-year's model of phone for *free* every other year, i just usually do that! :)

...this will work...until the **I-PHONE** is available on other networks...and then: do not get between me and the phone store on that day!!! :)

Mirandian said...

Lauren, this side of the world, Service Providers do not give out phones! We have to buy one!