Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Back to the Grind

After the lonnnng weekend - 4 whole days!.......it was back to 8.00am to 5.00pm grind!! My body had nicely adjusted verrrry quickly I must say, to the Ramadan Timing.........start an hour late and finish two hours early! To re-adjust again.....it's simply cruel.....to my body!

First, to get out of the house by 7.00am was a little painful. I had to literally drag myself out of my bed to switch off the incessant ringing of my alarm clock which (knowing myself!) I had purposely kept far away so as not to succumb to the continuous snooze mode that I would put to, by just stretching out my hand if it was on my bedside table!

At the office, mailbox was over flowing. Queries from here, there & everywhere needed to be answered. Moreover, being the first working day for the week......numerous weekly analysis had to be done ASAP as UK (Host Brand) needed it yesterday! Attend the emergency Brainstorming Meeting as sales have been a disaster! A Training Session to quickly familiarize in the new Software for Sales/Stock/Forecasting Tracker. The day seemed to just go on and on and on!! The only relief being the cups of tea/coffee that I was downing on my desk at regular interval!

Returning home.......when the sun had already set and darkness was creeping in......my body needing the quick shower to sooth my tired muscles.....and the instant dinner (the luxury of being Single! Eat, when & where I like, not to mention what I like!).....where else did I find comfort....but here in Bloggersphere!!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

oh yes, long weekends are sooooooo nice, but then that first day back: rude awakening, in a literal sense, eh?! :)

(ps: that is funny re the alarm clock...i do the *same thing*...b/c yeah, if i didn't have to GET OUT of bed, i'd shut it off without even waking up!)