Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Year Going, Going....Gone By

A time for reflection....on the months gone by....filled with joy, surprises, expectations, disappointments and loads of frustrations.... not necessarily in that order...

Realization that Parents do get old....never thought it would happen to me.....

Jan-Feb - Finally made my trip to South Africa.....beautiful country. Visited all the major cities..Durban...Johannesburg...Sun City... Pretoria...Cape Town...and tried to do all the touristic thingie. Unscheduled stopover at Ethiopia as due to flight delay missed the connecting flight. Got to see "Lucy" even though she was a duplicate.

Rest of the months passed in a blur... though my quest for a better job saw me getting a call to go to "Down Under" for an interview sometime in April....and another in June/July. The latter got me an offer too which I finally decided not to take it up.....for reasons I thought was wise then....but now...wondering if I had done right.

August...took to Bloggersphere like a fish in water. Blogging to release my thoughts....

The month of October saw me getting connected. Touching base with old friends (Facebook) and making new friends (Bloggersphere).

December.....stumbling into Iraqi Bloggers.....and getting dragged into the World of Politics....a subject which has always fascinated me.....but had been dormant all the while....

Life goes on.....Hope beckons....Next year will be a better year!

4 comments:

Mister Ghost said...

Bonjour Mirandian,
Как поживаете?
Subh Nab Bars.
Yes, Happy New Year to you.
You are doing a wonderful job with your blogs - it's good to get an Indian perspective on the Middle East.
Someday, I hope you will have
an email address so we can chat
about fashion and other things.

Vaya con dios, mi amiga.
Monsieur Fantome

Mister Ghost said...

Hi Mirandian,
I saw your comment.
Can you send me an email
(cick on the Mister Ghost)
and I'll tell you the whole story.
Bal'shoye spasiba
Mister Ghost

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing u and ur dear ones also a wonderful year ahead!

Amaroq said...

Happy New Year Mirandian! My best to your and your family.