Friday, December 21, 2007

Iraqi Bloggers

The latest headlines....randomly selecting from the RSS feed on my browser....I came across Iraqi Bloggers and I, needlessly to say was intrigued.

The page is a round-up of some of the Iraqi Bloggers, blogging from within or from outside of their country. It's real interesting.....to know a civilian's perspective untainted by any political view and sad at the same time.........to read about the sufferings of such innocent people.....some of them brought a lump to my throat. This led me to visiting some of the sites of these Iraqi Bloggers and reading their latest Posts. Something to think about and ponder. We have enough natural calamities in the world.........why then add to the destruction? Why?

Not so long ago, when I read or heard about the city of Baghdad, it conjured up visions of a typical Middle East scenario as depicted in the Arabian Nights story books or in the movies.....those arabic music, sheesha, flying carpets, beautiful buildings with minarets and in such colors......Of course you had the wicked Vazir...but in the end you had the good triumph over the evil...
How times have changed....now you read of Baghdad burning....about the torture chambers found....the bombing and the Bomber.....When would it all end? When?

4 comments:

Iraqi Mojo said...

"When would it all end? When?"

Soon, I hope. The security situation seems to be improving. If you want to see all Iraqi blogs, a good list is at Iraqi Bloggers Central. Also check Iraq Blog Count.

Nice blog and nice feet:)

Mirandian said...

Iraqi Mojo,

Am glad to hear/read that situation is improving. Inshallah, I too hope it ends soon. Thanks for the lists....I will definitely check it out...as and when I can.

And thanks for the compliments. The latter is making me blush though!

Iraqi Mojo said...

The situation is improving in Baghdad. In Diyala it's about the same, and I've read Mousil is getting worse. Anbar seems to be the safest part of Iraq right now.

Yes you seem to have a good sense of fashion, and of course it helps that you have nice feet. I wonder what your face looks like:) If you ever visit the US, email me: iraqimojo@gmail.com In fact email me anyway.

Mirandian said...

Iraqi Mojo, thanks for the fresh update. Apart from your Blog, I have visited Iraqi Bloggers Central too...and I quite enjoyed the bantering amongst the Bloggers!

And yes, I may just email you!