Thursday, December 6, 2007

Me & My Makeup

I guess a girl can never have enough of Makeup! This is applicable to yours truly too!

Today again, I succumbed to the various goodies for hair, skin and various face & eye products! This, in spite of my telling myself that I will not buy......just look! But, as always...the look turns to smelling.....smelling to trying....and before long its in my shopping basket! And if the Sales Person has a nice smile....coaxes & extols the virtue of the product.....I end up buying more....different smell...color!

The excuse.....I don't have this particular one....this smells of lavender....and the one I have is rose...jasmine...whatever! This shade of lipstick is soooo sexy.....really brings out the color of my face! This mascara is for lengthening.....this one for volume! This is gloss....this is for shine....this for shimmer. Lotions - hand & body, moisturizing lotion, eye cream, toner, cleanser, nail cream....with coconut & almond oil or primrose with vitamin e or cocoa butter or grapefruit....

The Makeup Industry is to be blamed....for my splurge! How can they make lipsticks or nail colors in so many colors/shades?! Perfumes........lets not go there! I love perfumes! Some of my ever lasting favorites....Obsession, Poison, Opium, Jádore, Dolce Vita,......Why am I not content with having just 2 or 3 or 5? Why do I have more than 10 lipsticks or nail colors at one given time......or for that matter 8-10 perfumes! Why do I have 4 mascaras....different color eye pencils....eye liners....eye shadows??! Foundations, concealers, loose powder, pressed powder, blush on - powder, cream....

Having so many....I never seem to finish any...and after sometime, it would go straight to the trash can! I read somewhere that it was not hygienic to use makeup after sometime....after having opened or from the date of manufacturing date.

The glossies, Tv....temptations are everywhere....and with the pressure of looking good in this corporate rat race............what am I suppose to do?! Nah! Not true....I just love makeup! Makeup which looks not made-up.....if you know what I mean!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

i know exactly what you mean...altho *MY* particular vice is not makeup so much as art supplies! (i am a FIEND!) on the other hand...we're not HURTING anyone...i mean, it's not like we are addicted to heroin, or alchohol, or have 20,000 lovers, right?! ...AND...we are creating beauty (you with your lovely face, me with greeting cards)...i say we should GO FOR IT! :) (at least, that is my story, and i'm stickin' to it!)