Thursday, December 13, 2007

My BMI

While reading a magazine, I came across an article of "Celebrities and their BMI".......and I got down to calculating my BMI (weight in relation to height). As per the calculation, I found that I fall under the Normal Weight category....... and if I were to lose the minimum 10 pounds that I badly need to.......I would still fall under this category! Yippee!!

To calculate your BMI, here's the simple equation:-


BMI = weight (kg) ÷ height (m)
2
example, if weight = 52 kg and height = 1.5 m,
then BMI would be, 52
÷ (1.5 x 1.5)
BMI = 23.1

Classification of weight by BMI:-

Below 18 = Underweight
18.5 - 24.9 = Normal Weight
25 - 29.9 = Overweight
30 - 39.9 = Obese
40 and above = Morbidly Obese

Even though the calculations has been kind...........I know I am too healthy! The excess mass of Protoplasm from all the wrong places needs to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really like going by BMI, since I have a strong build. I used to be obese, but I've been getting in shape. I still am overweight (judging by my belly and the BMI).

I am 96.7 kg and 1.81 m, that leaves me at a BMI of 29.5.

Mirandian said...

Rolandog, is that you on a bike on your website? If it is, I would say continue biking...great way of exercise! Nice to hear that you're getting in shape! And before long, your BMI would fall in place! Cheer up!