Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cloudy Sky


This was how the sky looked.....as I made my way home last evening. I thought to myself....At last! looks like the rain which had been eluding us this season....is finally here! But, was I so wrong?! No rain...not even a drizzle!

The Weatherman on our local FM Channel....has become the butt of our weather jokes. His forecast would go something like this..."Today sunny sky with scattered clouds". Groan....We all can see that! One has to just peep out! "The maximum temperature would be from 20 to 30 degree." Oh! For God's sake we expect some degree of accuracy! Talk about playing it safe! The Radio Jockey would then ask if we were expecting some rain...if not when. The Weatherman's standard reply. "Uh, we are expecting slight precipitation.... Inshallah!......the north-westerly winds might effect the climate.... Inshallah!....yaani.....blah...blah". He would rarely use the word "rain". We guess, this is just to make him sound very knowledgeable!

The year has nearly come to an end. I don't think, we would have any rain now. Inshallah! next year, we'll have the rain!

PS:- A budding Photographer in progress. If the Reviews are good, I'm going to take it up with a zeal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some very beautifully captured shots...weathermen perhaps all over the world has become the butt of jokes!

Anonymous said...

cool pictures.