Friday, February 1, 2008

Coffee? Starbucks?

I seriously fail to understand the endless brouhaha over Starbucks Coffee. I am more inclined to believe that patronizing Starbucks is more of a Fashion and being with the "in" crowd rather than for their coffee. Their fancy can't pronounce it proper long winding names...."Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte" or "Toffee Nut Latte" or "White Mocha Frappuccino".....is nothing but flavored coffee and it is so over priced!

I am not much of a coffee drinker though I do relish a cup once in a while. A good cup of strong coffee is what I would welcome after a fitful night or when I have to listen to the drone of my Boss or a colleague.....just to keep me from yawning.

Growing up, I would dilute my morning glass of milk with a teaspoon of coffee when Mom wasn't looking....it removed that peculiar smell....as I hate milk!

During College.....in Hostel....my friends and I would hold endless discussions on various topics...ranging from current world affairs, campus news, latest movies, religion, boys...over cups of steaming hot coffee.....which usually occurred after dinner. I am giving away the secret recipe here on this Post!

Seven steps away from a nice cup of coffee! My way.

1. Get Nescafe Instant Coffee or any other Brand you are familiar with.
2. Take a cup and add teaspoonfuls of the coffee. Number of teaspoons depends on the number of Coffee Drinkers.
3. To the above, add equal amount of sugar but this could vary....a teaspoon less or a teaspoon more depending on whether you like it less sweet or more.
4. Then add a little bit of water to the mixture till its all wet and beat it till it turns nice and tanned.
5. Meanwhile get the milk boiling hot. Nothing but full cream milk for me....but I guess you could get the low fat or low cal variety, whatever....suit yourself.... sufficient quantity of milk for the number of cups.
6. After you can beat the coffee no more and everyone is waiting to have the coffee and the milk is boiling hot....divide the "stuff" into the waiting cups.
7. Pour the boiling hot milk into it....stir it with a spoon...and watch the coffee become frothy or foaming.

Voila! Your coffee is ready! Enjoy!

PS:- I cannot understand how some can guzzle coffee without adding milk or sugar to it!

No comments: