Sunday, February 10, 2008

Never met a fry I didn't like!

I love fries....French Fries! My favorite dish when I eat out is "Fish & Chips". ("Chips" are but "Fries" which the English, the Irish and some Commonwealth countries like to call.) It is a complete meal and with a bit of greens thrown in, I quite consider it light and healthy.

Working days, I prefer having fries with a bowl of crispy green salad for lunch or order for a take away - combo meal...for the fries & the Pepsi! Then for dinner I usually end up having a little bit of rice & curry with fries on the side or noodle/pasta with fries or a bowl of fries and salad! Note the subtle variations in the menu but accompanied with the fries! Ah! the freedom to eat what I want and when I want! This is Bliss!

I love potatoes and I can have potatoes cooked any way - baked, boiled or fried.....but as they say, the lowly potato reached its crowning achievement only once after it was paired with oil!

McDonald revolutionized the process of churning out perfect fries after pouring millions of dollars on research. Their research lab turned the production of the fries from an art into a science. The labs developed a potato computer which could monitor the temperature and tell the operator when a batch of fries were perfectly cooked. Flawless French Fries now became a reality.

For me any fry will do....though nothing to beat the McDonald fries! Whether the ultra thin fries or the thicker varieties or the recent waffle cut potatoes....I could have French Fries anytime, anywhere and with anything!

Really! Never met a fry I didn't like!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

OOF! nor have i...and i've got the waistline to prove it at the moment! but still:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM waffle cut fries!!!!! (mmmmmmmmmm!)