Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dust Storms

For the past 2 days, we have been experiencing some real dusty weather. Yes, the Dust Storms so familiar in this part of the world has arrived.

Friday, I woke up to a real dusty dusty weather. Through the window I could see the parked cars outside, already covered with a thick layer of dust. I spent the day cocooned around the TV, watching DVDs or reading and surfing the net. Yesterday, I ventured out in the afternoon and it wasn't so bad.

Dust, it's still there in the air....though not as severe as it was the other day (Friday) where it brought activities in the Seaports to a halt due to poor visibility and strong winds although the Airport was functioning as normal apart from one Yemeni flight which decided not to land here and preferred landing elsewhere.

A little bit of rain is all that we need to clean the air....but I guess that would be wishful thinking?!

No comments: