Friday, August 31, 2007

“Miss-call” me?

When I first came to the Middle East and my mobile would ring for a second and then stop or it rings and I immediately pick up only to find that it’s been disconnected.....I would think that the connection was acting up and wait for the caller to call back. When it doesn’t happen, I would call back and we would talk whatever the caller wanted.

Initially, I didn’t mind calling back the caller who gave the “miss call” as I thought it was due to connectivity...blaming the service providers. As time passed, I slowly caught on with the “miss-call” thing. People “miss-call” you because they do not want to spend the money on the call and would rather have you spend on it! Well no more. If people do not have the money to call then they should not. If they need to say something they could text and if it can wait they should wait till they see me. Why should I be the one to call back? I would call if I wanted to say or know something.

I’m ok when friends / colleagues say to me, “We’ll miss-call you” when I’m meeting them at an appointed time/place otherwise I find the “miss-call” rude, cheap & irritating.

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooh i SO agree! i would not be up for being miss-called!!!