Thursday, August 16, 2007

15th August – Independence Day

Today would have been a Day Off for me if I were to have been home in my own country. Instead, I slaved for 9 hours in the office! With lots of the “Forwarded Emails” wishing “Happy Independence Day” since yesterday, I feel more patriotic being away from my country. Festivals, national holidays………..you miss it more…..you feel it more…I especially wore a “Salwar Suit” ………..so did many of my Indian colleagues… with an elaborate “bindi” on my forehead! I am proud to be an Indian!
“JAI HIND!”

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

ok, now all i can picture is shah rukh khan singing, "dil hai hindustani"...which i'm not sure is totally appropriate to the occasion...but it's a nice mental image, no?! :)

happy independence day...a teeny bit late!