Friday, August 24, 2007

Coming to the Middle East

It’s nearly five years.....come September.... since I arrived here in the Middle East. Never thought I would be here so long. Never imagined I would be coming here in the first place. I was going somewhere else….at least was planning to. Then a friend got married……her in-laws were living here in the Middle East…..they invited me over….and to cut a long story short,... I came, I got myself a job and I stayed! How time flies.

In spite of the tax free salary, the basic comforts which one would take for granted here - like the scorching heat which one would not feel it for the air conditioning being so effective,...........I feel my life is put on a hold. Cross cultural friendship is harder to establish here in the Middle East, especially for a single girl. Generally, each nationality would stick among themselves. One even gets paid their salary according to their nationality.........but that’s another story to tell...

Life here, for me has been work, work, work... and for recreation, apart from reading books, watching movies, there’s nothing like Retail Therapy!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

wow...you ARE an intrepid adventurer!!! as someone who lives (...and has always lived...) within an hour's drive of their place of birth, i cannot help but admire and kind of envy the concept of starting a brave new life in another country! (drawbacks & all!)