Monday, September 24, 2007

Yippee! India won!

Yippee! India won!
What? ICC World Twenty20 Final!
Against who? Pakistan!
The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa.

Don't mistake my joyous shout of "Yippee!" as a cricket aficionado! To tell you the truth, I do not understand cricket at all apart from the knowledge that there are 2 teams and each takes its turn to bat and bowl. The reason being, I have never found it interesting enough to truely learn the game.....I find the game too slow! Give me Soccer/Football any day!

Due to our 2 countries' history.........this was a match that was looked forward to with bated breath. Everywhere I turned around and saw another Indian or a Pakistani, I could feel the excitement in the air. Some of the guys in the office even applied for permission to leave early........just so that they could watch the match, right from the very beginning....LIVE.

Well, I believe the match was very tense, exciting.........I am told... as I never watched it! Of course, I heard the jubilant shouts at each score, wickets down, from everywhere in the building where I live!

India won by 5 runs! Yesssss!!!!!! Pitted against Pakistan..........the victory is much sweeter!

3 comments:

ra said...

hey hey i made it!!

i have a theory on this twenty20 world cup(to which a colleague pointed out almost immediately, i.e. i have a theory to everything), actually more of a question, was this whole event rigged?

hey we beat pakistan and thats all that matters right? i suppose.

still i wish i was back in bombay when all this went down, its so much different watching a match out here and back there where cricket is "the religion"!!


ps.... under the boardwalk? hehehe got it!!!!!

ra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren bergold said...

i am the least sporty individual ON THE PLANET...but even i *understand* the significance of the historic india-pakistan cricket rivalry. (and of course, secretly, i would root for india, too!) :)