Thursday, September 6, 2007

Inshallah! (God Willing)

I call for a Taxi.....I need to reach some place at an appointed time.........I don't want to be late. I ask whether he could be here in half an hour.......ample time for him to reach my place. The Taxi guy does not answer with a "Yes", instead it is "Inshallah" which means "God willing". If he is late?............well, who should I blame? HIM?!

The internet facility in my building.....erratic....and real slow....it's quite frustrating....I need to have my own connection......I go to my mobile phone service provider....to get a internet connection through bluetooth......they provide me with a new SIM card....I pay up. For the setting? .....will it get connected automatically? activation? how?... I need to know....

"It's not my job. Go to NOKIA", they tell me.
"Will the guys in NOKIA help? Will they do it?" I ask.
"Inshallah!" is all that I get.

Don't understand why I should go to NOKIA? What has NOKIA got to do with the connection? All the same I go to a NOKIA store, no choice. There, I'm told that it's got nothing to do with them! I go back from where I got the connection.....by now I am real upset.........now they say it would take 24hrs to get activated until then they cannot check.....why did they ask me to go to NOKIA in the first place? Such pudding heads!

I want to scream......being proper, I did not.......instead I exhale.......I walk away.........will just have to wait...till tomorrow......."Inshallah!"

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well, i only tell you that re phone companies and internet service...i've had EXACTLY the same experience...and allah was never even mentioned!

i suppose it's at least nice to have a philosophical attitude with which to buffet the slings and arrows of fate, tho, right???! :)

Wide Angle said...

you have to first download 'mobile office' from the service provider to synchronized with your mobile phone and activate the GPRS connection which your service provider will provide and them activate blue tooth ( if your computer does not have a blue tooth then you have to buy a external one) or USB connection from your mobile to connect to your computer.