Monday, September 17, 2007

A Stranger's Just a Friend You Haven't Met?

Someone told me long ago........and I read it too, somewhere.....
"A Stranger's just a friend you haven't met." This is partly true, I would say.

I remember in my school days, it was a craze to have Pen Pals. I too had a couple and through many letters & photographs exchanged, they would come live to me and were no longer strangers....... they were my friends. Now, even in my day to day work life, I deal with people who actually I haven't met but through emails........sometime non-work related.. just venting out our frustrations........ chat over the phone......we are friends....... and not strangers!

Yes, sometimes.....through words.....writen or spoken....one can reach out.... A Stranger then.....remains no longer Stranger!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

although...some of us are still a bit *strange*...but that's a whole different matter, right?! :)

i LOVE the way we can now meet people from around the world, and practically be talking to them in real time, without having met or even spoken. i think THIS could be the thing that saves the world...when we all just KNOW EACH OTHER too well to have prejudice or wars or any of that anymore!

...ok, that's a bit optimistic mebbe...but a girl can DREAM, right...?