Friday, September 7, 2007

My Adjustable Diet!

After coming to the Middle East, my weight which had been pretty constant till then, soon saw a steady rise on the scales and before I knew, my clothes which I had lugged all the way from home and for which I had paid "Extra" at the Airport now were all beginning to burst at the seams!

It was so steady.............I assure you.......I love clothes and good clothes......and being in the Retail Business........and Retail Therapy being so good for my soul.........new clothes were bought in new sizes and before I knew.......wham! it just hit me..........My Levi's jeans.........not one or two but seven or is it eight? from home were not zipping up! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I know I must exercise.........but where is the time?????? I never exercised back home....and was not fat.....why am I putting on weight here in the Middle East? Am I eating too much? I think I should go on a diet.....still thinking.......Meanwhile I'm onto M.A.D, My Adjustable Diet..........when I'm not hungry (as I'm snacking) .............I'm on a diet!

PS:- I was told living in a new country for the first time makes a person put on weight..........it would be ok after a while. I hope this is true for my sake! What I gained in 2nd year, I've lost quite a bit..........but still need to shed some from the wrong places! Help!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

there is an american thing called "the freshman fifteen" wherein kids who go away to college, in their first year, traditionally gain a stone or so! apparently it has to do with...as you say...being in a new/unfamiliar/perhaps slightly stressful enviroment; where it is easy to perhaps eat a bit more...or just to eat less healthily...as comfort.

then, in their second or third year, as they adjust to their new life, and become aware of making healthy choices (& making time to exercise and so forth) the weight comes back off!

which yours will, too!!! :)