Friday, January 18, 2008

Late ino the night.....

A love caught in the fire of Revolution.
In a land of guns and ice, there is the great sound of battle and the greater silence of lovers

Late into the night.......I stayed wide awake with Doctor Zhivago.

Doctor Zhivago
is a beautiful and moving film by David Lean based on a novel by the same name by Boris Pasternak. This is the story of a man and his mistress who together try to insulate their private lives from the chaos of the Russian Revolution. It is wistfully sad accentuating the beauty of life amidst the most bitter tragedy.

The film stars Omar Sharif as Doctor Zhivago, the Protagonist. Julie Christie plays Larissa Antipova (Lara) the mistress while Geraldine Chaplin plays Tonya, Zhivago's wife.

The film's theme music is hauntingly beautiful. It makes you wish for the Spring to come.....for all would be ok then.....perhaps?

On a lighter note, of the 105 Lara Poems by Doctor Zhivago , two of the best has been translated from Russian to English. They are beautiful....and I can not decide which is the best!

Lara No. 5

Lara
Lara Lara my Lara
Lara Lara Lara Lara
Lara
Lara Lara Lara
Lara!

Lara No. 79

Lara Lara Lara Lara
Lara my Lara my Lara
Lara Lara
Lara Lara Lara
Lara Lara Lara my Lara
Lara!
Lara! Lara!

2 comments:

Shoonyata said...

to decide, you need to convert it into Morse code and read.....

for yr laugh, check this out...highly recommended:

http://puppymanohar.blogspot.com/

Mirandian said...

Shoon, will keep in mind...first I need to learn Morse Code! As for my laugh..."puppymanohar"? I am already laughing! Thanks!