Thursday, January 10, 2008

Don't want to miss the Boat

Lately my mind has been occupied with where my life is heading. The more I think, the more desperate I seem to become. I don't want to miss the boat.....if it is a boat that I want to get on.

I need to keep myself focussed and do the best that I can. Certain things are not in my hands....and at the age I am in.....I do not feel I should just do things on the impulse but to weigh the pros & cons....though I do know that this has been the case with me always...being the person that I am.

Just the other day I get a call from a friend who accused me when asked about my plans of getting out of this place that I was not serious.....else I would have left by now. Life is slipping away and I was not moving out. Don't I know that?....but to be rubbing it in?.........it was cruel.

A recent contact from the past is looking positive. I have my fingers crossed. Five years here has been long enough....what had to happen, happened....it's time to move on....explore other avenues....see what life throws up!

PS:- Happy Birthday, Darling Niece!

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

friends with advice are ALWAYS well-meaning...but sometimes not totally helpful.

i think you SAID IT ALL when you mentioned that you don't want to miss the boat...but you need to know you're getting ON THE RIGHT ONE!!! to me, that is absolutely crucial! afterall, you don't want to be just running *away* from where you ARE...you want to be running TOWARD the next destination that's right FOR YOU!!!

(& i have absolutely no doubt that when you have found the correct situation, you will MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

(ps: happy new year!!!) :)

ra said...

"just the other day..."

some people say things when they are in a different place. they have no idea with what is really happening.

you know what miran, move when you must, when its time. it WILL fall into place. it always does.

for some it happens in a blink, for others it may seem like eternity. but you will always be where you have to be.

Mirandian said...

Lauren, thank you for kind words...means a lot to me. You always have been so encouraging... ever since I landed here in Bloggersphere!

Ra, thank you to you too...you suddenly sound so grown up...and yes you're right "you will always be where you have to be."