Saturday, January 19, 2008

Current Salary

Yes, current salary......this is what is hounding me....especially these days as I continue to search for a better job. I am asked what my current salary is, as the offer would be based on this......but I am really not comfortable with talking of my present salary as there is not much to talk about. I would expect the Salary Package to commensurate with the job....but does this happen?

The current salary.....one of the most important deciding factor on what your package would be.... here in the Middle East lies on one's nationality or the color of your Passport. Tell me how fair is it to be doing the same job and to be paid lower than the other because of Nationality, color of skin or color of the Passport? Some disparity in salary between another due to seniority, better degree, better negotiation, bigger company....exist everywhere in the world.....but here in the Middle East....no matter what job or position....there is a different salary structure for every Nationality. The difference is huge and its simply not fair!

I am Brown and I belong to a country where we are more than a billion people.....and No, I have not immigrated to a White country......so my future Package now depends on my current salary which was decided earlier when I first came to the Middle East....which was based on my Nationality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes and ditto.