Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More wine....Interested? Yes!

I seem to have made a faux pas.....ooops! that’ s what I thought and was thoroughly embarrassed. What would he think of me? I apologized immediately but he leaned towards me and said, "No "oops" necessary....it's very cool" and put me at ease right there. This was the start.....

The wine was heady......and into the night we chatted like old friends. It was either the wine or the fact that we were all alone drew us closer and closer. We chatted effortlessly. Anybody seeing the banter between us would think we have known each other for years while the reality was that we had just met. He was a Salesman and he totally sold himself to me! I lost count of time.......the wine was good and the company excellent.

We discovered the uncanny similarity not only in our names but in the way we felt about various issues not to mention our likes and dislikes. He sounded so familiar and I told him so. Have we met before, I asked him? He doesn't seem to recall but then how is it possible that he knows all these things about me? How does he know how I feel and how I am? How does he know what I like and don't like? How does he?

He is everything I would wish for in a friend! He is smart, honest and oh so adorable! He is a Dream? My Reality?.....I have yet to discover. Meanwhile, more wine.....Interested? Yes! I sure am!!

1 comment:

Shoonyata said...

wow..."come, fill the cup"