Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Office!

My eyes flew wide open when the alarm rang at 5am but I was awake long before then.....probably due to the early night that I had! I tossed from one side to the other.....curling up spoon-shaped ....trying to snatch a few minutes more.....before another day starts.....and then it hits me! There's no office for 5 days...EID holidays! No office?! I jumped out of my bed wanting to embrace the "No Office" day!

Got my morning cuppa (green with citrus), a slice of bread and a fried egg well done. Logged online to see what the world has been upto while I was sleeping....and generally catch up on my mails, blogs, etc. A friend back in my own country was already in the office pushing his Team to get the 3.5 million dollar deal closed! I am imagining him sitting at the edge of his chair, drumming his fingers on the desk, getting impatient....waiting for the phone to ring...telling him, "Boss, all signatures are there on the dotted line!" We chatted for a while and laughed at some silly jokes.....he was distracted....his mind was elsewhere....the deal needs to be closed. I left him to deal with the deal and decided to get out....

The weather was sunny and not that terribly hot. The pool was inviting and I went for a swim at the back of the villa. I swam & I thought and I thought & swam....how lovely it would be if everyday was just like today! No Office!

Alone I swam.....in the blue blue pool....with the sun beating down making the water just about warm. The swim was really invigorating and I am thinking to myself....I must, I must try to swim every morning....good for my soul & good for my body!



The swim made me hungry. I am not on a diet, I just happen to love salad! A big bowl of green pasta salad - M's Special! On a bed of spirally pasta also called fusilli, some Japanese mushrooms layered with diced carrots, cucumber & corns and topped with scrunchy green lettuce drizzled with olive oil. On the side, deep fried "Red Snapper" with pickled olives! To round off, settled for a couple of pieces of that nutty chocolate from my small stash of candies & chocolates!


PS:- I wouldn't have thought of photographing what I ate.....but the couple of food blogs that I happen to browse this morning inspired me!

#This was my morning! Evening, we'll see!

2 comments:

Shoonyata said...

you sound so peaceful, tranquil... and yes, a glimpse of another little peice of the puzzle :)

Mirandian said...

Shoon,hmmmm....
The water calms me
The sea calms me
Perhaps I was a Mermaid
In my previous Life?!;)