Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bytes that I don't understand

The long absence in posting was purely due to the fact that my line was disconnected because I ran up a bill of approx $ 877.000 in 3 days...about 18 hours usage I was told! I fail to understand how could the Bill be so much in this time and age when internet/mobile phone is dirt cheap all over the world! I am not even living in a remote area where net service is not available!

I asked for an explanation and I was told that they would register the complain and someone would get back to me! Well, the short of the long story is, nothing happened. No one got in touch with me and the deadline for the payment loomed large. So this morning, I went and paid in full. I am upset as I do not think that the amount is reasonable no matter how many bytes I sent or received! Yes! I am told that my limit was 1GB and the data exchanged was more, hence the high bill! This is simply ridiculous!

I asked that the line be canceled but I am told that I would need to pay for 3 months as that's the minimum. If I am paying, then might as well use it.....that's why here I am ranting about the ridiculous high internet price...and I can see the meter ticking... 45 MB already!

No comments: