Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I dreamed a dream

This evening as I opened my Home Page on the Facebook, a video which a friend had posted caught my eye along with the various comments on it.

- she's AWESOME !! :-))))))
- yep theres hope 4 us all.
- Fantastic voice!!
- GR8!!!! Too Gud...Three Gud....aah!! Simply Awesome!
- just goes to show great things can come in the most seemingly unlikely packages !! :-)
- outstanding!!! Marvelous!!!




Susan Boyle...She didn't look nor acted like a star on the reality tv show called "Britain's Got Talent" (11/04/2009). A very unlikely contestant. She was 47 years old, unmarried & lived with her cat called Pebbles. When she had walked on stage and said that her dream was to be a professional singer, many in the audience sniggered. Moments later, as Susan sang the opening lines of her song, expressions on the faces of the audience as well as the judges changed from scorn to that of amazement down to being tearful. She surprised everyone with her strong performance. The look on Simon's face was priceless. Simon Cowell, the creator of the show is known for his sarcastic remarks and reducing the contestants to tears with his comments. Surprising he was simply bowled by Susan's rendition!

I was moved by the song too and couldn't stop the tears rolling down my cheeks as I listened to Susan and watched her singing. Susan once made a promise to her mother to do something with her life and here she was at 47 years chasing her dream to be a professionl singer.

All these years, many of my dreams have been buried for various reasons. I am now going to look for them and dust the cobwebs off......

I dreamed a dream
(Les Miserables)

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

No comments: