Friday, April 3, 2009

Anniversary

The phone rings. Who could it be, I wonder? The watch shows 5.20am only and it's my weekend! It's my youngest brother asking me whether I had mailed back his article after editing. He wants it now...has to get to the press....on time for the State elections (back in my country) in another 2 weeks.

There's a lot of noise in the background. I am told Dad's organizing a feast today on the occasion of my grandmother's death anniversary, his mother. He's called his sisters and of course his elder brother who lives next door along with their families.

I speak to my Parents, first Dad and then Mom. Dad tells me about the feast. It's Dad & Mom's Wedding Anniversary too but he seems to have forgotten and I did not remind him. His mother's anniversary, he didn't forget. We speak for a while and then he passes the phone on to Mom.

No comments: