Sunday, August 3, 2008

If you love something....

Yes, I truly believe in...

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was. We do not possess anything in this world, least of all other people. We only imagine that we do. Our friends, our lovers, our spouses, even our children are not ours; they belong only to themselves. Possessive and controlling friendships and relationships can be as harmful as neglect.

The other night, I was chatting....chatting with a friend....having a rambling discussion about this and that. It would be nice to have someone who would be there for you....to ask how you were doing....and reassuring that everything was going to be alright....when things look bleak and my rose tinted glasses gets blurry. Yes, it would be nice....real nice.

However, I am never ever going to compel anyone into doing anything for me...being there for me....nor am I going to ask, ever. This should be because they want to....not because they have to. I am the kind who knowing a friend is torn between me and another would move away so that he can make his choice....without having him feel guilty.....

Yes, if you love...like...care....set it free....

2 comments:

Shoonyata said...

M: If you love someone, grab..drag by the hair, smother with love, passion, burn the world with the heat, get under the skin, soak in the soul...THEN, set him/her free...there would be a greater reason to come back :)))

secret: it works for me :)

Mirandian said...

Shoon, hmmmm....need to ponder on...the thought, exciting!