Friday, August 22, 2008

My Whirlwind Europe Tour -10th to 20th Aug (Amsterdam)

I arrived to a cold wet day...in Amsterdam. What a change from the hot and humid climate so prevalent at this time of the year....in this part of the Middle East....where I live currently. It was drizzling....I loved the wetness on my face.... hands, where the skin was exposed.

The Hotel where my company had booked in was lovely...centrally located and it overlooked the canal! The view from my hotel room window was breath taking! The sight of the water and the boats always does something to my sensibilities!

This was my second visit to the city.....once again a Business visit but this time I intended to see a little more of the city. The museums were a good place to start with!

The Van Gogh Museum was incredible. How can a painting move so much? Alone I listened to the audio guide as I did the rounds of the paintings. I wish I could just leave my job and paint whole day long. I finally got down to seeing Van Gogh's self portrait and his famous sunflowers.

The Rijkmuseum was another place that I had to visit! Amongst other artists it was Rembrandt that I was fascinated with.



Amsterdam....a city of canals! I just love being here!



No comments: