Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's a Small World!

It's a small world....yes indeed it is. I was interacting with a reader online this morning....and discovered that we were connected at different levels.....it was a pleasant surprise.
Agra, city of Taj Mahal.....where I finished my schooling.....and where she is residing now after her marriage.....
Air Force....she had relatives, including an Uncle.....
Miranda House College.....my alma mater...and her daughter is presently studying there.

Memories of School Days....Air Force Station....College days tumbled.....

One of her distant relatives from her husband's side and I went to school together....studied in the same class....and went for cycling together in the evenings. (Air Force Brats, we were!) Then I was in college together with a niece again from her husband's side.....same class...same subject....and same hostel! A niece with whom I share my birthday....a niece with whom I share the similar juxtaposition of our name & surname that it was hard for people to decide which religion we belonged to.....a niece who like me is still single.....and is somewhere like me in the Middle East! Now her daughter is studying in the very same college that I went to and is also a Hostelite!

It's a small world....and modern technology has brought it so much closer. A stranger she was but now....no longer a stranger!

No comments: