Saturday, January 17, 2009

Goa!

At last, I got to visit Goa!

Plans of visiting Goa, not once, not twice but umpteen times never really took off...it remained but as Plans. This time it was just out of the blue decision. Someone had walked away with my suitcase at the Airport when I landed in my home country for a 3 weeks break. I couldn't proceed on my onward journey further up North where my Parents lived till investigation on the missing suitcase got concluded, so I decided to say "Yes" to a friend who was off to Goa for the New Year's! And am I glad that I did? I sure am!

Delhi was biting cold and Goa....perfect weather to be on the beach! That's where we headed as soon as we landed...3pm, 31st Dec 2008 ....even before we checked in to our hotel!



After checking in to our hotel rooms, showered, changed and off we headed once again to the beach. It was simply beautiful. The beach was all lighted up and there were plenty of music from different shacks wafting!

We were here at the beach for a while and about an hour before midnight headed to Nikhil Chinnappa's Party "Submerged". The music was great & Nikhil was good. His wife took turns to play too. The place also had a pool and towels were in ready for those who decided to take the dip & for those who got thrown in by their friends!


It was past 4 am, 1st Jan 2009 when wearily, sleepily we trudged back to our hotel rooms but the streets were still alive with people and various music from all over the place!

Woke up late in the morning....nearly 12 am and off we went to the beach...Anguna Beach. It was a short drive from where we were staying.


We headed straight for "CURLIES" but due to late night there was no staff to serve us and so we had to trudge to the next shack where we parked ourselves and ordered breakfast/lunch. I settled for the local favourite, Goan prawn curry with rice while the others had various omelettes & juices while waiting for "CURLIES" to open up.

"CURLIES" opened late in the afternoon and we shifted our base there. We were there till the sun went down and darkness set in. We ate, drank & we ate some more. For me the coconut water & the tender coconut was really refreshing as I walked down the stretch of the beach...all alone.


When night fell, we headed back....only to head to a bar/restaurant for dinner! It was aptly name "The End". That was the final stop. What a day...the first day of 2009!

No comments: