Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Maa Salaama Q8!

My bags are packed and I am ready to leave. Tomorrow this time I would be winging towards my new destination!

I remember, it was the 29th of Sept 2002 when I arrived here in Q8 to live. I had never planned Middle East......it just happened. Actually I was all set to go to South Africa! What is it that they say? "Man proposes but God disposes"?!

Kuwait has been a learning experience to the Middle East Culture. I learned "waasta" (having connection) is a must if you want to get things done quickly. I also learned that I need to have oodles of patience as no one would/could tell when things would get done. The answer always was "Inshallah" (God Willing). And silently I would pray that God willed.

It's a pity that I have yet to speak Arabic but I do know now the Basic greetings/words and hopefully will improve!

"Maa Salaama Q8!"


PS:- Just the day before, 5th of May, my other brother became a proud father of a daughter, his first born! Yippee! Welcome Baby Girl!

No comments: