Saturday, February 27, 2016

I pumped gas!!

Last evening, for the first time in my life I pumped gas! And I'm feeling super thrilled! 

Until I came to Canada I only had Gas Attendants pumping gas for me but that was how it was in all the countries that I had lived so far.

Ever since I got my car last October, I've had friends/work colleagues coming along and helping me in getting gas. They did the work while I looked. Few months back after getting detailed instructions from a work colleague as to what I should do as soon as I slide into a Gas Pump I was all ready to do it by myself. However it so happened that the Gas Station I went to on my way back home had a Full Service that I was not aware of. This meant someone doing it for me! Since then I had been going to this particular Gas Station.

However yesterday I was at another Gas Station. Was feeling a bit apprehensive if I would get it right. I got out of my car. Tried to open the Gas Tank lid but it just wouldn't open! Ultimately had to ask for help to the Truck guy pumping gas just beside my car. Made me look so incompetent?! Then I lifted the Gas Pump Nozzle....selected the type of gas I wanted....put the nozzle in the tank and squeezed the trigger and felt the gasoline flowing into the gas tank! Yay!! I pumped gas!!! Finally! Whew!!!

No comments: