Friday, January 14, 2011

Screw it, Let's do it

The Dept Secy dropped off the latest issue of "Qatar Today" on my table couple of days back. Flicking through, came to the Books Review Page when I spied this fantastic title, "Screw it, Let's do it" by Richard Branson. Through the years, reading Richard's exploits and how he took on British Airways (a Giant!), his attitude, his spunk, I have been a great admirer of the man. This Book is really a quick read but gives wonderful insights to the philosophies and leadership that drive the man and the Brand. It's utterly absorbing and above all inspiring!

A quick run of the chapters...in a nutshell!

1. Just Do It! - Believe whatever you want to achieve can be achieved.
2. Have Fun! - Have a positive outlook and when something stops being fun, move on.
3. Be Bold - Take calculated risks.
4. Challenge Yourself - Aim high, try new things.
5. Stand On Your Own Two Feet - Rely on yourself. Chase your dreams but live in the real world.
6. Live the Moment - Love life and live it to the full.
7. Value Family and Friends - Put Family & Team first. Money is for making things happen.  
8. Have Respect - "Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress."
9. Gaia Capitalism - Gaia is the Greek version of "Mother Nature" or the Earth Goddess. Go Green!
10. Sex Appeal - Create excitement in everything you do.
11. Be Innovative - The system is not sacred. Think creatively.
12. Do Some Good - Change the world, even in a small way.
13. Pow! Shazam! - Richard's dream of flying civilians to space with Virgin Galactic's spaceship! Anything is possible!
14. Think Young - Have a youthful approach to life!

I just did it! I quit my job.....no longer fun it was.....and am moving on! What am I going to do next? Where will I be? Only Time will tell!

PS:- Look for clues where I am in my Future Posts! :)

No comments: